Together, let’s make safety a priority
At Hometown we take your family’s safety very seriously. We are dedicated to keeping our customers and your home or business safe at all times. We know that the key to staying safe is through education. The more you know, the safer you and your family are. If you know what to look for, you can avoid disaster before it strikes. We perform a Propane System Safety Inspection (PSSI) so you can have peace of mind knowing your propane system is safe and up to date. A safety leak test will be performed. The regulator age and condition will be checked, along with the flow and lock up pressure.
The entire system will be checked including gas lines, valves, and appliances. The PSSI is performed every 3 to 5 years at no charge to you. Fuel oil tanks are inspected at the initial delivery to attempt to identify signs of pitting, corrosion, or weakness. Fuel oil tanks primarily rust from the inside, out, so if signs of aging are present, replace the tank.
What to do if you suspect a propane fuel leak
At the slightest suspicion that you smell propane, we urge you to:
- Send all people and pets outside immediately. Do not tough any light switches, landline phones, or appliances.
- Turn off the gas supply using the shut-off valve on the propane tank or cylinder.
- Use your cell phone when safely outside or a neighbor’s phone to call us right away at 1-866-437-2821.
- Stay outside; do not return inside your home until our service technician says it is safe to go back inside.
- Our technician will re-light your gas appliances and equipment for you.
Reasons to Buy, Install and Regularly Test A Combustible Gas Detector:
- You Cannot Always Smell a Gas Leak. No matter how good your nose is, you may not be in the right place at the right time to notice a natural gas or propane leak.
- Carbon monoxide alarms ALONE do NOT detect propane/methane/natural gas leaks. Carbon monoxide sensors detect ONLY carbon monoxide, not raw fuel or fumes.
- It does not take striking a match to cause a gas explosion or fire. Turning off a light, setting a security alarm or closing a door spark a gas explosion or fire. Natural gas, which is lighter than air, leaking from a basement furnace, can leak upstairs through hollow walls.
- Gas appliances are not the only source of a gas leak . Gas can leak into homes via sump pits, inbound water lines or a natural gas well under your home.
- Each gas appliance is a potential source of a gas leak. Each gas appliance needs its own gas detector. Natural gas and propane gas pool above or below gas water heaters, gas clothes dryers, gas ranges, gas furnaces, etc.
Three Easy Ways to Pay
For your convenience, we offer you three easy program payment options:
Do You Know Others Who Need a Full-Service Propane Company?
Let your friends and family know about our many services — and if they become Hometown Comfort customers, you and your referral will each earn a $50 credit!